East Lambrook Manor Gardens is the iconic and quintessentially English cottage garden created by the celebrated 20th-century plantswoman and gardening writer Margery Fish. It was here that she developed her own style of gardening, combining old-fashioned and contemporary plants in a relaxed and informal manner to create a garden of immense beauty and charm.
The English Heritage Grade 1 listed garden is characterised by many winding paths through abundant borders and is renowned as the premier example of the English cottage garden style. It has noted collections of snowdrops, hellebores and hardy geraniums and there is an excellent specialist hardy plant nursery in the garden.
- The garden is open Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 5pm, until 31st October.
- To visit the garden please pre-book a ticket. Then you can stay as long as you like until the garden closes.
- You do not need to arrive at the pre-booked time so don't worry if you arrive late or are held up in traffic.
- Please show, or print out, your order confirmation email as proof of ticket purchase.
- RHS members free entry is on Wednesdays. Please just turn up and show your card on entry without pre-booking but do book a ticket online for any non-members accompanying you. (For joint members, the free entry offer applies to the member with an asterisk on their RHS card.)
- Gardeners' World 2-for-1 Card holders, please show your card on entry without pre-booking but do book a ticket online for the person accompanying you.
- Please observe social distancing rules and other relevant signage or instructions displayed in the garden on your visit.
- You can visit the nursery to buy plants without buying a ticket to the garden.
- The cafe is currently closed due to Covid-19 but you are welcome to bring drinks or a picnic to consume on the grass in the Orchard or the grass by the annual wild flower meadow in the car park.
- Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome.
- Parties of 10 or more wishing to pre-book a group visit should contact the garden.
- The Rose & Crown pub directly opposite the garden is open for lunches. It is advisable but not essential to book on 01460 240433.